Tuesday, January 5, 2016

new years eve, take two



So many things.

Okay, so I got this shirt in the mail about two weeks before New Years Eve and it just seemed so perfect for the occasion. It's a still of Romy Schneider from Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno (there are so many good stills from this, I included some below) and even though it's technically a printed t-shirt it's just so sparkly? Anyway, I quickly ordered this skirt because it matched the top so well.

Flash forward to New Year's Eve. The skirt hadn't come yet, so I wore the outfit that I posted the other day instead (which worked out well, anyway, since I'm practically planning a wedding to that dress, I love it so much.) Then the skirt DID come in the mail and I decided to wear the outfit today, because who says you can only wear giant sequins one day of the year?

Here's the catch -- this came out nothing like how I had imagined it in my head. Yes, the skirt does match the shirt perfectly. I got that part right. But... in my head I was going to look like a hip girl from the 1960's on her way to a New Year's Eve party at a club with a rotating dance floor and very orange furniture, and maybe I meet some hip boy from the 1960's who might be French but I never know because we dance all night without speaking a word.

Instead I kind of look firmly planted in 2016, right? The skirt's making me look more hip-py than hip (haha.) And my belt is definitely crooked.

At least I tried. And even though it's not what I was going for, I do like this outfit. It's certainly (at least shape-wise.. and maybe color-wise too?) not in my usual wheelhouse, but that's good. I've been in a style rut for a while and it's actually nice to feel like I'm stepping outside my comfort zone and ughhh this post is getting way too long when you consider I've just been talking about an outfit the whole time.

Okay, here are those Romy Schneider stills I promised: