Tuesday, September 3, 2013

summer nights



I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend :) It was rainy and overcast here, so instead of feeling like the end of summer it felt very much like the beginning of fall. Yay! Yeah, I am one of those people who gets all mushy over fall but I can't help it! I'm an autumn baby so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm really relishing this weather though. I already got my first panera soup of the year (the switch from panera salad to soup is like my version of the pumpkin spice latte) and I spent most of the weekend curled up in bed watching movies and reading. Perfection!

Speaking of movies, does anyone else have Warner Archive instant? I've been subscribed for a few months but only just set it up on my roku box (hello, procrastination) and I'm hooked! I've been so lazy about watching movies ever since I got netflix instant. Their film selection just doesn't interest me much but it's such hard work to get out my dvds ;p Warner Archive has a ton of pre-codes, film noirs and great 60's films (my all time favorite Sunday in New York is available for streaming!) so I see a lot of movie watching in my future. This weekend I watched Storm Warning, Footlight Parade, Three on a Match, and one of my favorite Julie Christie movies, Demon Seed. 

I really meant to work on my flapper doodle calendar instead, but I'm having a horrendous case of drawing-block. I keep picking up my sketch pad and staring at it until I'm flush with frustration. I actually have so many ideas (not just for the calendar but for a drawing series, a new card set, and my first zine!) but I just can't seem to translate them into actual illustrations right now. I'm going to give it a few days rest and see if I have better luck then. Today is reserved anyway, for prepping my $1 print sale orders. I'm still waiting on some shipping supplies to come in the mail but today I'm going to put my "do not bend" stamp on all my mailers, so when everything is finally here they'll be ready to go! :)




dress - asos | brooches - vintage | sweater - forever 21 | shoes - c/o bait footwear