Wednesday, July 17, 2013

fit for a princess



This skirt has to be one of the most beautiful things I have ever laid eyes on. I dressed it down a bit with a button-up shirt and kitten heels but that didn't stop me from feeling like a princess the entire time I wore it. Any girl who has ever played dress up as a child knows that feeling when you put on something elegant and immediately feel like a character in a storybook. It doesn't matter if you're prancing around the house doing pirouettes, going out to the movies, or actually attending a fancy ball... for that moment, you're royalty.

This skirt is currently on loan to me as part of a really awesome project put together by its designer, Kellie Falconer. Me and a few other girls got to style the skirt however we liked and all of our posts are published today! You can check out the other posts here:

Alexandra of Into the Woods
Christen of Two Happy Hearts
Kellie of Accordion to Kellie
Kenzie of Kenzie Faith
Lauren of Someone Like You

Also! Kellie gave me a special discount to share with you. yay! From now through July 31st you can take $20 off any order with the code SCATHINGLYBRILLIANT. She has quite a few beautiful pieces (I love this little chevron skirt!) but honestly I'd go with the tulle skirt... how can anybody pass up the opportunity to feel like a princess? ;)






skirt- kellie falconer design | shoes - bait footwear | brooch - vintage
blouse - vintage | belt - from another dress