Friday, June 24, 2011

posh frock friday



dress - modcloth
cardigan - calvin klein (ross)
shoes - karmaloop
belt - vintage

In the continuing saga of my all-consuming obsession with tv shows... last week I discovered Dead Like Me on Netflix and I am SO hooked. It's about a girl named George who, on the first day at her new temp job, gets incinerated when a fiery toilet seat comes hurling out of the sky right in her direction. Once she's dead, she learns that she has a new job -- a grim reaper. It's an incredibly offbeat dark comedy that's made me cry just as often as it's made me laugh. If you're looking for a new netflix instant obsession, I highly recommend it! Unfortunately it was cancelled after only two seasons (why are all the good shows so short lived?!) but if you need proof of its brilliance, it was the brainchild of the same guy who created Pushing Daisies!

ps. I did an illustrated version of this outfit on Flapper Doodle today! :)


Do you want to comment, but have no idea what to say? Trust me, I've been there! So to make things a little easier, here is a question you can answer if you can't think of anything else to say! :)

What is your favorite short-lived show?