Friday, June 17, 2011

cranberry walnut pasta


In 2008 I went on a trip to Vermont, and the highlight of the vacation was definitely the food. While I was in Burlington I ate at a great restaurant called Sweetwaters, and had this amazing pasta dish with nuts and dried cranberries. It was incredibly unique, and probably the best pasta I've ever had! But I can't for the life of me remember the exact ingredients, and googling their menu online hasn't helped much, since they've changed it. For three years I've been trying to recreate this recipe -- or at least what I think was the recipe -- and this week I finally nailed it!

I just cooked angel hair pasta, and tossed it with some olive oil, chopped glazed walnuts, dried cranberries and chopped spinach with salt. It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! As much as I love traditional spaghetti with marinara, I think this is my new favorite pasta recipe! I highly recommend giving it a go... it's just bursting with flavor, and feels a lot healthier than most pasta dishes!